Hithala Fushu Foni Boakiba
11/2 cup hithala fuh (a locally prepared yam powder)
2 cup grated young coconut(Gabulhi)
3 cup rampa fen ( boil 4 pieces of pandan leaves in 3 cups of water, throw the pandan leaf, use when cool)
1 cup jasmine water
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp white flour
- To a bowl add the hithala fuh and pour the ramba fen and jasmine water until the hithala fuh is well soaked
- Mix the hithala fuh till the pieces are well dissolved and becomes a thick batter.
- Add in the sugar and mix well. Add the flour
- Next, add in the grated young coconut
- Mix the batter gently
- Grease a pan, pour the batter and bake on low heat until the boakiba is well cooked.
- Cut once the boakiba has cooled
If the batter is too dry you may choose to add one more cup of water
Some times the hithala fuh boakiba may have a slightly bitter taste, therefore check the quality of the hithala fuh when you buy it from the local market.
According to my mother whose recipe I follow, adding enough water can reduce the bitter taste.
All the best, enjoy this lovely boakiba.