Fihunu Kukulhu (Roast Chicken)
1 whole chicken ( or cut into large pieces)
1 onion (finely grated)
3 tbsp thick coconut milk
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp margarine
½ tsp cinnamon cardamom powder
2 tsp honey
2 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp Maldivian Addu Havaadhu ground to a smooth paste OR 1 tbsp chicken curry powder
Pinch of red food colour
2 ½ tsp salt or according to taste
1. Mix onion, ginger, garlic, curry paste/powder, cinnamon cardamom powder, honey, chilli powder and salt.
2. Skin and pierce the chicken.
3. Apply lemon juice, salt and the prepared curry paste.
4. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
5. Preheat an oven.
6. Grease a baking tray, place the chicken on it and rub margarine lightly all over the chicken.
7. Bake until the chicken is tender and appears golden brown.
8. Heat the leftover sauce. Add coconut milk, food colour and cook until the sauce is thick.
9. Remove the chicken from the oven and place it on a serving dish.
10. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.