Mas Aluvi Roshi (Fish and Potato flat breads)
2 cups plain white flour
Hot water ( enough to knead the dough)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt or according to taste
2 medim size potatoes (peeled, boiled and mashed thoroughly)
130 g smoked tuna valhoa mas (or 1 tin tuna, drained)
½ onion (finely chopped)
12 curry leaves (finely chopped)
3 green chillies (finely chopped)
½ tsp black pepper (coarsely ground)
1 ½ tsp salt or according to taste
Oil to apply on Roshi while cooking
Preparation of dough
- Put flour into a bowl. Add salt and oil.
- Gently knead the dough by mixing water.
- Make into a medium soft dough and divide into 10 balls.
- Smoothen the balls and leave aside.
Preparation of the filling
- Mix onion, salt, curry leaf, pepper and green chille.
- Add the potato and tuna flakes. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the filling into 10 equal parts.
Preparation of roshi
- Take one piece of the prepared dough and make a dent.
- Stuff with the filling. Close and make into a round ball.
- Dust the ball with flour and roll out into (20 cm wide) roshi or flat breads (roll gently, dusting with flour)
- Heat a pan and put the roshi. Toss and cook each side by applying a drop of oil on each side. Cook till the roshi is slightly brown.
- Serve hot with any dry curry or a mushuni.