Muranga Fathu Riha
2 cups fresh muranga leaves(stems removed)
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 valho mas cut into slices(skinned and boned smoked tuna)
1 ½ tsp salt or according to taste
1 1/2 cup water
Ingredients for Curry paste
1 1/2 tsp cumin seed
1 inch ginger (crushed)
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 red chillie
12 curry leaves
1/2 tsp pepper powder
½ cup scraped fresh coconut
1 tbsp salt or according to taste
1/4 cup water (to use for grinding)
Preparation of curry paste
- Mix all the ingredients for curry paste
- Put in a mixie and grind to a smooth paste. (Can add ¼ cup water while grinding)
Preparation of curry
- Boil the muranga leaves in the 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Once the leaves have softened add the prepared curry paste, lemon juice, valhomas, salt. Mix well and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add the coconut milk, and stir.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with roti or rice
Note: Some people throw the water in which the muranga leaves are boiled. I prefer to cook the curry with the water.
I am sure if you make this once for your loved ones they are going to expect you to cook this lovely curry very frequently.