Oatmeal Kulhi Boakiba (Oatmeal Tuna Bake)
2 cups oatmeal (instant)
1 ½ cup boiling water
2 cans of tuna in oil
½ cup chopped smoked tuna(valho mas or maldive fish)
20 curry leaves (finely chopped)
½ tbsp fresh ginger paste
1 big red chillie (githeyo mirus, chopped finely)
2 big onions (finely chopped)
½ tspn turmeric powder
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Soak the oats in boiling water for 20 minutes
- Mix onion, red chillie, lemon juice, salt, curry leaf and ginger paste. Mix until the juices from the onion flows out. Add the desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add the tuna in oil and the smoked tuna to the above mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the turmeric and mix well. Adjust the salt according to taste.
- Add the oats. Mix thoroughly.
- Oil a baking tray and pour the mixture to the tray. Flatten the top. Pat the top layer with the tablespoon of oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a preheated oven until the top turns brown.
- Cut into slices once it has cooled.
- Serve with tea. (Hope you enjoy a more nutritous and a healthier version of the favourite Maldivian kulhi Boakiba)