1 ½ cup rice
1 cups Maldive fish flakes or
1 can tunain oil (strain the oil)
½ cup rihaakuru
1 onion(finely chopped)
½ cherry chilli (githeyo mirus chopped)
½ cup murunga leaf, raw (drumstick leaf)
1 cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup white flour
2 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ cup water
- Soak the raw rice in water, over night. Grind it to a coarse paste
- Mix onions, chilli, curry leaf lemon juice, salt and squeeze until juices from the onions flow out.
- Add rihaakuru and coconut and mix.
- Add the turmeric powder, murunga leaf, Maldive fish flakes, tuna, eggs mix again.
- Pour the water, ground rice, white flour and mix everything.
- Make small pancakes with the batter, once one side is well cooked, gently fold the pan cake, flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.