KUKULHU SPINACH HIKIRIHA
500g boneless chicken (diced)
250g spinach leaves (stems removed)
1 onion (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 egg yolk
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tsp curry powder(Lonumirus havaadhu)
2 tsp salt or according to taste
Method of Preparation
- Dissolve corn flour in water. Add 1 tsp salt, soya sauce,curry powder, egg yolk, lemon juice and tomato sauce.
- Coat the chicken with this batter and leave aside to marinate.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add capsicum. When well cooked add onion. Stir fry and add spinach. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Add chicken to the same oil and stir fry until the meat is tender.
- Add the fried onion spinach mixture. Toss all the ingredients well.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roshi.