VALHOAMHU HIKIRIHA (SMOKED TUNA DRY CURRY)
½ smoked tuna (cut into thin slices)
1 onion (thinly sliced)
1 tsp cumin powder(dhiri)
1 ½ tsp fennel powder(dhavihgandhu)
4 dry red chillie
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 cup thick coconut milk
Pinch of fenugreek powder(obai)
8 curry leaves
3 biling bilamagu OR 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt or according to taste
- Cut smoked tuna into thin slices.
- Mix cumin powder, fennel seeds, chillie and turmeric and grind to a fine paste.
- Next mix onion, curry paste and fish.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix all the above in coconut milk. Add fenugreek powder, curry leaves, bilimagu and salt.
- Transfer to a pot and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roshi.