500g boneless chicken (cubed)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp curry powder(Hanakuri Havaadhu)
½ cup thick coconut milk, boakiru
1 onion (thinly sliced)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 inch ginger (crushed)
2 dry red chillie (split into half)
8 curry leaves
2 pieces of 2 inch rampe leaves
2 pieces of 1 inch cinnamon sticks
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp lime juice
2tsp salt or according to taste
- Mix lime juice, salt, tomato paste, curry powder with the chicken and leave to marinate.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add onion, ginger, garlic, rampe leaves, curry leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with roshi or rice.