KATTALA FONI BOAKIBAA (SWEET POTATO CAKE)
July 3, 2014
2 cups grated sweet potato, finely grated (kattala)
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp pink food colouring
50 grams chopped almond
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven
- Beat eggs with sugar
- Add the grated sweet potato, flour, baking powder, food color and vanilla essence
- Mix everything. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour over a greased baking tray.
- Spread evenly. Flatten the top and sprinkle the chopped almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into pieces.
- Serve cold.