Smoked Tuna Pie
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 egg beaten
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup lukewarm water
1 tsp margarine / butter
1 cup Valhoamas (smoked Maldivian tuna) finely chopped
1 onion chopped
¼ cup chopped spring onion
½ tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp dried red chillie powder
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tsp oil / margerine
1 ½ tsp salt
Preparation of pie base
- Dissolve yeast, sugar and salt in the lukewarm water. Stir until everything is dissolved in the water. Cover and keep for 10 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour. Pour the yeast mixture , half of the beaten egg and add margarine. Gently mix the flour and knead into a dough.
- Cover with a cloth and keep for 1 hour until the dough doubles in size.
- After 1 hour, punch the dough flat and knead. Make into 2 balls. Roll out one of the balls to the size of the baking tray and the other a little smaller.
Preparation of the filling
1.Heat oil in wok. Add onion, remaining salt, chillie powder and ginger-garlic paste. Stir fry until the onions turn golden brown.
2.Add the chopped spring onion and tomato paste. Mix well.
2.Now add the finely chopped Valhoamas. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and leave aside to cool.
Arranging the pie
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6
- Oil a medium sized round tray. Place the rolled out large pie base.
- Spread the Valhoamas filling. Leave empty at least an inch on the sides.
- Place the other rolled dough on top, and fold in the wedges from the pie base below and cover the sides.
- With an eakle make a few holes on top and gently brush the remaining egg batter on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve hot.