1 ½ cup flour
2 cups water
4 cups dessicated Gabulhi (young coconut)
200 gms sugar
½ cup jasmine water or maa fen (a handful of jasmine flowers soaked upside down in a bowl of ½ cup water for atleast 14 hrs)
¼ tsp cinnamon cardamom powder
Preparation of the pan cakes/folhi
1. Dissolve the flour in water.
2. Beat and add the egg.
3. Heat a non stick pan and apply oil.
4. Pour a large tbsp of batter on to this pan and spread to form a thin pan cake.
5. Do not toss.
6. Remove when the pan cake is ready and transfer to a plate.
7. This pan cake should be used with the filling while hot.
Preparation of the filling
- Mix Gabulhi, young coconut with sugar, jasmine water and cinnamon cardamom powder.
- Heat the mixture over a low flame, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves and the water evaporates.
- Allow the mixture to thicken and begin to leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat.
Preparation of Hunihakuru folhi
1. Take the hot pan cake on a plate.
2. Put a tbsp of the filling on top of the pancake.
3. Gently roll the pancake with the filling inside.
4. Repeat the same with the remaining pan cakes.
5. Serve cold.