DHANDIALUVI KANDHI (Creamy Maldivian Manioca Dessert)
1 medium sized manioca Dhandialuvi
5 tbsp finely ground rice flour
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup sugar
4¼ cups water
2 pieces, 3 inch rampe leaves
¼ cup jasmine flower water
1. Remove the skin of manioca. Slice into half and remove the hard inner core.
2. Chop the manioca into small cubes.
3. Boil 2 cups of water with rampe leaves.
4. Add manioca and cook until tender.
5. Remove rampe leaves, add sugar and simmer on a low heat.
6. Dissolve rice flour in ¼ cup water to form a smooth paste. Leave aside.
7. When the water begins to boil, gently add rice flour paste and jasmine flower water.
8. When the mixture begins to boil, add coconut milk.
9. Stir and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
10. Transfer to a desert bowl and serve chilled.
Enjoy!!! Surprise your friends and family with this dish, let them know you can cook as great as your grandma, and her grandma!!!