2 cups flour
½ cup boiling water
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
2 cups Valhoamas (Maldivian smoked tuna) chopped
1 cup potato(boiled, skinned and mashed coarsely)
1 onion finely chopped
1½ tspn pepper powder
½ cherry chillie(finely chopped)
2 curry leaves( finely chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp salt
2 cups oil for frying
Preparation of the dough/roshi
- Add salt, oil and water into the flour and mix well. Make into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 30 balls and roll into small roshis.
Preparation of the filling
Mix onion, chillie, pepper, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Mix lemon juice and salt. Add Valhoamas, potato. Mix thoroughly. Put in a bowl and keep aside.
Preparation of Peteez
- Take the rolled out small Roshi and put it on a plate.
- Place a tbsp of the tuna filing and put in the centre.
- Wet one of the edges of the Roshi with water.
- Fold the Roshi into half and press the sides so that it is completely closed.
- Now with the fingers, gently wrap the sides of the peteez to make a ridged design.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. Deep fry the peteez unitil golden brown and serve hot.