Kashikeyo (Screwpine) Milk Shake
July 13, 2013
500 gms screw pine
1 litre Full Cream milk
2 tins condensed milk
3 drops pink food colour
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 litre water
- Peel the screw pine
- Thinly slice the ‘flesh’ (the red portion) of the screw pine and keep it aside. (discard the rest)
- Pour 500 ml of water to a pan and bring it to a boil. Add the sliced screw pine and boil it for five minutes. Leave to cool.
- Pour the boiled screw pine mixture into a juicer and run till it becomes thick.
- Strain the juice, adding water if necessary.
- Pour the fresh milk, condense milk, food colour, vanilla essence to the strained screw pine juice.
- Mix well, add crushed ice, and pour into glass.
- Add vanilla ice cream if desired.
Note; Adjust the use of condense milk according to taste