Kukulhu Salad (Chicken Salad)
100g boneless chicken
2-3 lettuce leaves (washed)
75g cheese (cubed)
75g cashew nuts (roasted)
1 egg (hard boiled)
1/2 tsp onion (crushed)
1/4 tsp pepper powder
A pinch of dried oregano (optional)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
3 cups water
2 tsp salt
1. Cut the lettuce leaves into 1.5×1.5 inch pieces and spread on a serving dish.
2. Boil water with 1.5 tsp salt and oregano. Add the chicken and cook until tender.
3. Remove the chicken from water and shread into pieces.
4. Mix crushed onion, pepper powder and the remaining salt in a bowl.
5. Add the shredded chicken and mix well.
6. Add mayonise and toss.
7. Spread this chicken mixture on top of the lettuce leaves.
8. Sprinkle cheese, eggs and cashew nut on top and serve.