Dhandialuvi Boakiba (Manioca Sweet Snack)
2 1/2 cups manioca Dhandialuvi (grated)
4 cups young coconut Gabulhi (finely grated)
2 cups sugar
1 drop rose essence or jasmine water (optional)
1 tbsp plain white flour (optional)
1. Preheat oven.
2. Mix manioca, Gabulhi, sugar, flour and rose essence.
3. Mix thoroughly until the sugar dissolves.
4. Pour over a greased baking tray.
5. Spread evenly. Flatten the top and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and cut into pieces.
7. Serve cold.
Note: Some do not like to add any essence so adding rose essence or jasmine water is optional. Again there are others who do not add any flour, we like it this way.
This is one of the most loved Foni Boakiba or sweet snacks for many Maldivians.