Kukulhu Mushroom Hikiriha (Chicken Mushroom Dry Curry)
500g boneless chicken (cut into strips)
4 medium sized tomatoes (chopped)
½ onion (chopped)
250g mushrooms (chopped)
2 tsp chicken curry powder Kukulhu Havaadhu
¼ tsp cinnamon cardamom powder
6 curry leaves
2 pieces of 2 inch Pandan/Rampe leaf
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 inch ginger (crushed)
2 tsp soya sauce
2 tbsp oil
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 hot pepper chilli Githeyo mirus
2 tsp salt or according to taste
- Heat oil. Add onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, pandan leaf and curry leaves.
- Fry for a few minutes. Add chicken pieces and fry for about 12 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, lemon juice, cinnamon and cardamom powder, curry powder, salt, tomatoes and mushrooms. Simmer on low flame for 5 minutes.
- And coconut milk and turmeric powder.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is tender, remove from heat and serve hot with rice or roshi.