Tharukaaree Cashew Nut Bai (Vegetable Cashew Nut Rice)
2 cups rice (cooked)
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 onion (thinly sliced)
250g mixed vegetables (diced carrot, chopped beans, cooked green peas, chopped baby corn)
1 capsicum (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed to paste)
1 cm ginger (crushed to paste)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 inch /Pandan/Rampe leaf
1 dried red chilli
2 spring onions (finely chopped)
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
200g cashew nut (split into half)
4 tsp salt or according to taste
1. Microwave or blanch the mixed vegetables
2. Heat oil. Fry the cashew nuts until golden brown and transfer to a plate.
3. Fry onion and capsicum in the remaining oil until light brown. Add ginger, garlic, rampe leaf and cooked vegetables.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Gently stir in the cooked rice and the fried cashew nuts.
6. Cover and cook for another 4 minutes.
7. Serve hot with a side dish.