Aafalu Kandhi (Creamy Apple Dessert)
1 red apple cored, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 tbsp corn flour
2 cups fresh milk
½ cup sugar
2 pieces of 3 inch Pandan/ Rampe leaves
1 tsp jasmine water Maa fen
½ cup almonds or kanamadhu (finely chopped)
1 ½ cup water
1. Dissolve corn flour in ½ cup water and keep aside.
2. Dissolve sugar in milk , add remaining water and put it to boil.
3. Add rampe leaves and chopped nuts.
4. When the milk begins to boil, gently stir in the corn flour mixture.
5. Cook until thick and creamy.
6. Add the apples and jasmine water.
7. Mix everything together and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Serve chilled.
Note: If you do not have jasmine water (which is some thing most Maldivians prepare at home by soaking fresh jasmine flowers upside down in water overnight) you may use an equal amount of mild rose water.